What we are doing to keep our staff and students safe
We’re dedicated to keeping our staff and students safe. We will do this by:
Limiting Physical Contact:
- Remind participants to keep physical distance where practicable, acknowledging this isn’t always possible on board
- Keeping courses small. On the water courses are limited to 6 participants. Theory courses in our big classroom are limited to 9.
- Keep participants in their course bubble – if multiple courses are on site at once, stagger it so that groups are in the gear room/kitchen at different times.
- Use same classroom all day with as much distance as possible – minimum of 1m, but 2m should be achievable in most cases.
- All courses to be run as single boat courses
- As much as is practical keep the same instructor throughout a course
- Common touch points in facilities and on boats to be cleaned prior to session start
- Participants to be allocated a clean set of wet weather gear prior to course start and to use throughout the course. Names to be recorded on gear wall tags and gear to be washed before being reallocated.
- No one off sessions like harbour sails or corporate sails
- Staff to log time at work using timesheet system as per usual
- Only registered course participants on board – any exception to be granted by manager with full contact details provided.
- No walk up enquiries to be taken by instructors – direct potential customers to website/phone number
- If people who are not registered participants or staff are on site they need to complete register with contact details.